For those of you who are searching for complete and comprehensive Philips Air Fryer reviews, this is may just be what you are looking for. Here, we will outline everything you need to know about the Philips Air fryer – from what it is up to the frequently asked questions about this particular product.
It is rather common to see new kitchen and cooking appliances being introduced to the market year after year. While some of them are completely new innovations, there are others which are simply upgrades to an already existing product and being marketed as current and contemporary.
Although not totally new, the Philips Air fryer is one kitchen appliance that has caught the attention of many housewives and cooking aficionados. Let’s get to know more about this kitchen appliance in detail in our Philips Air Fryer reviews.
What Is the Philips Air fryer?
One of the most popular brands when it comes to home and kitchen appliances is Philips, and is known worldwide as one of the best manufacturers of such products. The company has received numerous awards throughout their existence, and one of their most recognized and awarded products is the Philips Airfryer.
The Philips Airfryer was first released to the public back in 2010, and has since then gained the appreciation of many Philips patrons and users.
To be brief, the Philips Airfryer is basically a kitchen appliance that is used to fry food. To some, it may look like a rather large rice cooker, but with a basket that looks more like a coffee maker. Depending on the size, the Philips Airfryer can weigh up to 7 kilograms, which is light enough to be transported should you wish to bring it out for a picnic or when you move to a new house.
As was mentioned, the Philips Airfryer is mainly used for frying food much like a conventional deep fryer, but it is not only limited to such use because this appliance is also capable of roasting, grilling, and even baking. In another article related to our Philips Air Fryer reviews, you will see more of the astonishing recipes that you can cook with this kitchen appliance.
3 Best Philips Air Fryer Reviews of 2019
01. Philips HD9230/26 Digital Air fryer Reviews
There are many different brands and types of air fryers out there, but it is without a doubt that the Philips HD9230/26 Digital Air fryer is one of the most notable choice. But for a price tag of $200+, is this kitchen appliance really worth it? Let’s take a look at this product in more detail in this Philips HD9230/26 Digital Air fryer review.
Using the Philips HD9230/26 Digital Airfryer brings a lot of benefits for its users.
Healthier and Tastier Food
Because the Philips HD9230/26 Digital Airfryer allows you to fry and cook foods with little or no oil at all, it reduces the fat and cholesterol content of foods by up to 70%. The amount can be further reduced because it also helps to drain away all the excess fat in the food.
Most of you may think that because of the compromise on the amount of oil, the taste of foods fried in the Philips HD9230/26 Digital Airfryer will taste bland; however, this is far from the truth. Many users attest to the fact that food cooked with this fryer tastes just as good as any food cooked in a regular deep-fryer.
Cook More Food
The Philips HD9230/26 Digital Airfryer comes with double layer racks that allows you to cook more food at any given time. The 1.8 lbs. capacity of the cooking basket of the airfryer is large enough to cook for at least 5 people, but with the addition of the rack can increase this number.
In addition, the Philips HD9230/26 Digital Airfryer has temperature settings which can be set to as high as 390 degrees, and with the additional accessories like grilling and baking pans, you can now cook a wider variety of dishes and recipes.
No Mess Cooking
Homeowners love cooking, but not the mess that it leaves behind and the need to clean them. Because of the enclosed design and oil-less cooking, cooking need not cause a mess for you to clean up. Also, the cooking baskets and pans that come with the Philips HD9230/26 Digital Airfryer can be cleaned in the dishwasher, making cleaning it hassle-free.
The Philips HD9230/26 Digital Airfryer has a lot of features which are new and interesting, some of which are not present in other brands and models of airfryers.
- Intuitive Digital Touch User-interface with a digital touch screen that allows you to control time and temperature for more precision cooking.
- Smart preset button which automatically saves the cooking settings of your favorite dishes so you can cook them with a simple touch of a button
- Optional cooking accessories like the grill and baking pan that allows you to roast, grill, and bake more kinds of frozen and fresh foods
- Runs in 1,425 Watts of power, equipped with Philips’ Rapid Air Technology, and the Starfish Bottom Design allows you to cook food faster
Pros and Cons
As with any other product, there are things that you may or may not love about the Philips HD9230/26 Digital Airfryer.
- Generates optimal and consistent heat while cooking
- 60-minute timer ensures that food is not overcooked
- Handle grips remain cool to the touch to avoid burns and accidents
- Adjustable temperature control
- Easy to clean with no food sticking to the food basket or pans
- Simple and easy to use and operate
- Cooks more food with the double layer rack
- Quite large and bulky and won’t fit in small cabinets
- Cooking capacity is rather minimal and not enough for feeding large crowds
- Instruction sheet is poorly made and requires a lot of flipping
The Philips HD9230/26 Digital Airfryer is packed with a whole lot of features that are not present in other similar appliance of different brand. The digital user-interface is a standout, providing this kitchen appliance with a lot of functionality and flexibility in terms of cooking time and temperature. The recipe book that comes with the product is a great addition that allows users to fully maximize their use of the airfryer.
All in all, the Philips HD9230/26 Digital Airfryer is a great addition to any kitchen and a must have for people who are looking for a way to enjoy fried foods in a healthy and more convenient cooking way.
02. Philips HD9240 Avance XL Digital Air fryer Reviews (The Bigger and Better Philips Air fryer)
Airfryers have gained a lot of attention in the past few years mostly due to the growing awareness of healthy cooking and eating. Many brands and models of airfryers have been released into the market, and one of the most popular is the Philips HD9240 Avance XL Digital Airfryer.
Manufactured by one of the leading kitchen appliance makers, Philips has again provided a new innovation that addresses the need of consumers who are looking to stay fit without compromising on their favorite fried foods.
Aside from being able to cook healthier fried dishes, there are other benefits that consumers can enjoy from using the Philips Avance XL Digital Airfryer. It has a lot of new features that cannot be found even on the older models of airfryers released by Philips.
Larger Cooking Capacity
The older models of Philips airfryers usually come with a cooking capacity of 1.8 lbs. Although this is big enough for a single person, a couple, or a family of three, it is still not enough to cook large amounts of food which is good for more than 5 people. The Philips Avance XL Digital Airfryer on the other hand comes with a 2.65 lbs. of cooking capacity which is 50% larger than the old models.
30% Faster Cooking Time
The Philips Avance XL Digital Airfryer boasts of faster cooking speeds compared to other models of Philips Airfryers. In fact, you can roast a whole chicken in this appliance in a little over 30 minutes.
Cost-effective Kitchen Appliance
The Philips Avance XL Digital Airfryer is not only usable for frying, but can also be used for roasting, grilling, and baking different kinds of food. When you buy the Philips HD9240/94 Airfryer Avance and put it in your kitchen, you basically get four types of cooking appliance molded into one. That’s a lot of savings considering that you only need one kitchen appliance to do four types of cooking.
Some of the features of the old Philips Airfryers are still present in the Philips Avance XL Digital Airfryer, but there are additional features which makes this big brother of theirs a more appealing choice to buyers.
- Digital timer and auto shut-off feature ensures that food comes out cooked just right all the time
- Smart control which makes cooking a lot more convenient and easy
- Non-stick cooking baskets and pans which allows for easy cleaning and washing
Pros and Cons
As with other Philips airfryer models, there are some things which makes it a great choice, and there are others that make it less desirable.
- Larger cooking basket compared to other Philips Airfryer models
- Food comes out crispy on the outside but tender and juicy on the inside
- Smart preset button allows you to save the cooking settings of your favorite food so you don’t have to manually enter them every time you cook
- Cooking temperature of up to 390 degrees allows you to cook more types of food faster
- Large yet still light enough to be carried and moved around the kitchen
- No remaining odors of food after washing
- Comes with a free recipe book with 30 great tasting dishes which allows you to cook a variety of dishes to impress your family and guests
- White colored model are reported to fade a little after some time of usage
- Because it has more cooking capacity, it is larger than its older predecessors, making it difficult to store in kitchen cabinets. However, the amazing design (especially the black one) complements and adds more appeal to the kitchen, so there’s really no reason to store it away anyway.
03. Philips HD9220/26 AirFryer Reviews
It’s very much painful that in your dining table lots of crispy and tasty foods are decorated nicely, but you are panicking to eat your favorite fries and snacks because of your worries about the fat. Now you can easily get rid of this kind of unwanted tension.
Maybe you have no time to make your favorite and most desirable homemade cake and grilled chicken by yourself in your busy life. But now Philips HD9220/26 AirFryer has made it easy for you to take the taste of these appealing foods in your home. Philips HD9220/26 Airfryer has also brought rapid air technology for healthy frying and baking of your favorite foods.
When you buy Philips HD9220/26 airfryer, at first you have to remove all stickers and packaging materials. Then clean the whole basket and pan by scourer using hot water and liquid dishwasher.
Before the starting of cooking in airfryer joint all the parts according to the directions. Then place this appliance on horizontal surfaces, but keep in mind that do not put it on the non-heat resistant surfaces.
Then pull out the cord from cord storage compartment on the airfryer ground. Insert the power plug in the socket and pull out the pan from the airfryer carefully and put all ingredients in the basket. But be careful about the maximum amount indication of the pan.
Finally, enter the pan into the airfryer and start cooking by setting required temperature and time using temperature control knob and timer knob. Before setting time be sure about the actual time of cooking particular ingredients. Keep in mind that you have to add more 3 minutes if airfryer is cold. You can also preheat this appliance before putting the ingredients in the basket.
Maintenance & Hygiene Products
Whereas Philips HD9220/26 airfryer is an expensive appliance in your kitchen, so you should ensure proper maintenance of it. After every use, the pan and basket must be cleaned properly using the dishwasher and the surface of this appliance should be cleaned thoroughly by a wet cloth.
If your airfryer become so much dirty, you should use a solution of 3 g Baking powder with 100 ml water. To clean airfryer using this solution follow the direction carefully. First of all, you have to remove the pan and basket from the drawer and flip over the airfryer. Then spray baking powder solution on the dirty area of the heater and wait for 30 minutes. Again flip over the airfryer, spray solution around it and wait once again for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes put back the pan and basket into the airfryer and fill up the pan with 400 ml water to make the dirt smooth. Then set 200 degree Celsius temperature for 20 minutes. Again take out the pan and basket from the drawer and let it put for cooling down until it becomes slightly warm. Then flip over the airfryer and take a sponge or cloth to wipe up all the dirt. Finally keep it at a dry place and wait until it becomes totally dry.
As it is a kitchen appliance, so hygiene is the most important fact. For this reason, to cook food hygienically you should ensure the proper maintenance and cleanliness of this equipment.
Philips HD9220/26 AirFryer has made of reflecting the issue of providing complete satisfaction to the customers. When you use this kitchen appliance, there is no chance of getting unevenly cooked food as it has timer and auto shut-off system. After setting up the cooking time, you can go to another work without any kind of worries that food will be overcooked. Its automatic shut-off system turns off after cooking.
In the time of making fried items we feel disturbed to use hot oil because of splattering of it. But when you using this airfryer you become totally tension free since the pan contains the hot oil into the airfryer.
1-year-warranty-sealPhilips gives One Year Limited Warranty from the date of purchase of this product. Warranty valid only if the product stands free from defects in material, structure and assembly, under ordinary use, according to the specifications and warnings described in the manual. This warranty is non-transferable, extends only to the original purchaser of the product. To get your rights under this warranty, you have to show the original sales receipt indicating the product name and the date of purchase to prove the purchase.
Design & Features
The design of Philips HD9220/26 AirFryer is appealing, compact and glossy. Its design is surprisingly compact on the worktop as it is tall and thin rather than wide like rotary health fryers. In the top section of airfryer has a heating element and fan, while the bottom section of the Air Fryer has a starfish design which facilitates airflow and ensures that all your favorite fried items are cooked evenly. This starfish design also helps to cook foods in a quicker and healthier way, with one tablespoon of oil.
It also includes the following versatile features:
- Philips HD9220/26 airfryer has an adjustable temperature control system which allows to set temperature up to 390 degrees Fahrenheit to cook varieties of items.
- It has the maximum 30-minute timer which gives the auto signal when cooking is completed and after that shut off automatically. So you get exactly cooked food without spending lots of time in your kitchen.
- Its Rapid Air Technology spreads hot air with high pressure so that cooking has become faster and used less or no oil.
- This product can be used for multi-purpose, such as fry, bake, grill and roast.
- All removable and dishwasher safe parts of this product make it easier to clean easily and quickly.
- Cooking basket capacity of this airfryer is 1.8lbs.
- Without changing the taste of frying it cooks 70% less fatty foods.
Pros and Cons
- Cooks evenly and does exactly what you want
- Gives excellent results in making deep fried foods.
- Easy to use and fast to cook.
- Works much better than an oven for producing a crispy outer crust.
- Doesn’t make the house smell of old grease.
- Simple to understand and operate.
- Needs a little or no oil to cook.
- Helps to defrost the frozen food.
- All of its parts are removable so it is easy to clean.
- Without compromising on the texture and taste of the food, it reduces calories.
- Quite large to carry but cooking capacity is not so large.
- Baking tray and Double layer rack are not given with the pack.
- The middle class can’t afford to buy this expensive product.
- There is no off button to switch off it after setting the timer.
- When the timer is set up to less than 5 minutes, the timer does not beep after completion of the certain time.
- Many other accessories are needed to get the best performance from it.
Why Should You Choose the Philips Air fryer?
Unlike the traditional deep fryer, the Philips Air fryer does not require a lot of oil in order to fry or cook food. This is actually one of the biggest factor that makes this product such as success.
Healthier Snacks and Dishes
Because of the lesser amount of oil required in order to cook, fried dishes and snacks can now be enjoyed in a much healthier way. In fact, Philips claims that by using their Air fryer, you can reduce the amount of fat needed and consumed by up to 80%. It is also mentioned that if you decide to prepare homemade French fries instead of commercially produced fries, the percentage of fat you consume can go for as low as 1.5%!
Fast and Convenient Cooking
The Philips Air fryer also makes use of its patented Rapid Air Technology, a process where hot air is blasted and circulated around the air fryer in order to cook the food. This works in conjunction with the grilling elements in the air fryer. With a Philips Air fryer, you can cook 300 grams of French fries in a little over 10 minutes. This makes preparing snacks and fried finger foods very convenient and fast.
No Mess to Clean Up after Cooking
Furthermore, the Philips Air fryer produces no mess when cooking. When frying in a pan, the hot oil splatters all over the place leaving spots of oil on the stove or worktop. This requires a lot of cleaning after cooking. Because the Philips Air fryer makes no use of oil and is cooked in an enclosed housing, you no longer have to worry about cleaning up.
Saves You Cash
Also, because very little amount of oil is required, the Philips Air fryer can help you save on cash. Now, you don’t have to buy, store, and use large amounts of oil just for frying small batches of food. In general, you will only need half a tablespoon of cooking oil in order to fry 500 grams of French fries. You also no longer need to throw away pints and gallons of used oil, which helps you save even more.
Tips and Tricks for Using Philips Air fryer
When you buy a Philips Air fryer, you will receive a user manual in order to guide you about the proper usage of your Air fryer. Thus, be sure to read the manual first before you start using the Air fryer. However, like many other kitchen appliances (or any other appliances for that matter), there are certain things which are not included in the manual. These things (more often referred to as tips and tricks) are actually rather important, because they can help you maximize the use of your Philips Air fryer.
- Be sure to read and make use of the recipe book that comes with your Philips Air fryer. There are about 30 recipes there which you can enjoy – from potatoes to meatloaf as well as brownies. You can also check the Philips website where they have listed more recipes. Some are from the company, while others are contributions from other Philips Air fryer users.
- The sizes and capacity of any Philips Air fryer varies, but whatever they are, be sure not to fill them to the brim or to the maximum when cooking. If you do, the food won’t become crispy or cook evenly.
- Many people think of the Philips Air fryer as simply for cooking; however, it can also be used to reheat cold food by following the recommended settings.
- For better results, it is best to use oven-ready snacks instead of freshly made snacks. Oven-ready snacks come pre-treated and are more likely to yield crispier and more golden-brown fried foods.
- If you want to make home-made breaded snacks, mix oil into the bread crumbs to make them crispy.
It is recommended that you use snacks with low-fat percentages. This is because it can be challenging to get a crispy finish on the snacks if they contain large amounts of fat. This being said, avoid using too much oil, and use only the amount recommended in the cookbook.
- While frying, remember to shake the basket. Shaking it 2-3 times halfway into cooking is recommended. Doing so allows the heat to cook and fry the part of the food that are touching each other much better. This results in a more evenly cooked, more evenly brown, and more evenly crispy food. Also, remember not to press the basket release button while you are shaking.
- When frying meat or poultry, brush the outside of the meat or poultry with oil to get crispier results. Also, make sure that the meat or poultry is dry before brushing it with oil.
- You can make the food crispier by adding 1 or 2 minutes to the preparation time, but you should be careful not to burn the food.
- If you are cooking untreated ingredients like freshly peeled potatoes or unmarinated chicken, add oil in order to make it crispier and improve its taste.
- Never put the hot pan directly on top of counters or worktops with heat-sensitive materials like laminated wood because this will damage them. If necessary, place the hot pan on a coaster or an oven glove.
- Fry only smaller batches of food, at least one layer only for better results.
- Most snacks can be prepared at 200 degrees Celsius, while pastries should be air fried at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Add 3 minutes to the preparation time if you have not pre-heated the air fryer before cooking.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Philips Air fryer
Because not all Air fryers are created equal, it would be an injustice to simply write about the different commonly asked questions about general Air fryers in the market. Thus, for this Philips Air Fryer reviews, we will outline the specific questions that relate to this particular brand of Air fryers, so people who are planning to purchase this item can have an idea about the product.
1. Can I clean the Philips Air fryer in the dishwasher?
Only some parts of the Philips Air fryer can be washed in the dishwasher, namely the pan and the basket. If you have a Philips Air fryer HD9225, you can clean the baking tray that comes with it in the dishwasher as well.
You should never wash or immerse the housing in water because this will damage the electrical and heating elements of the appliance. Instead, wipe the housing with a moist cloth
.2. Why is the outside of the Air fryer heating up while cooking?
This is actually normal, because the heat from inside the Air fryer is radiating to the inner and outer walls of the Air fryer’s housing. There are also parts of the Air fryer that supposed to become hot during the cooking process, and are labeled appropriately to warn you not to touch them.
However, the buttons, knobs, and handles should always remain cool to the touch. If you think it is unreasonably warm, you should contact your nearest Philips Customer Center right away.
3. Why is the food not crispy?
Vegetables will not become crispy when cooked in the Air fryer. Although you can roast, grill, or bake using the Philips Air fryer, the Air fryer is designed to fry only potatoes, snacks, meat, poultry, or breaded snacks.
4. Why should I register my Philips Air fryer in the Philips website?
Registering your Philips Air fryer will give you the opportunity to receive news and product updates from Philips. Where possible, you may even be offered the chance to try, test, and review the latest products, gadgets, or appliances from Philips before they are released into the mass market.
5. What kind of oil works best with a Philips Air fryer?
Although most kinds of cooking oil can be used with the Philips Air fryer, it is advisable to use traditional cooking oils like olive oil, peanut oil, or sunflower oil to name a few. You can also make use of flavored oil or spiced oil to give your dishes additional flavor.
6. Do I have to cool down the Air fryer before storing it?
Yes. The cooling down process can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 45 minutes. However, you can make the Air fryer cool down faster by removing the pan. You can also cool down the pan faster by filling it with cold water.
If you are looking for a way to cook deep-fried food in a healthy and mess-free way, then using a Philips Air fryer is your best option. This Philips Air Fryer reviews the different features of this wonderful product, and hopefully it helped you see that cooking fried foods for you and your family can now be done in a healthier, faster, cleaner, and more economical way.